Monday, January 28, 2013

All the Real People


I keep hearing people say they want to be around people who are real – I say it too.  I think everyone does.  We feel better when the people around us make us feel like we’re not the only one who doesn’t have it together. 

But the thing is, many times the “real” people I see are really just people with no filter or no consideration of others; they lack dreams, vision, aspirations.  They’ll accept you as you are too because they don’t have any standards for friendship. 

This isn’t really what I want either because I hope that in 5 years and in 50 years I will be a better version of me than I am now. 

I want to be around people who are real – it helps me to see that I’m not the only one who struggles and fails and sometimes is just plain lazy, but I also need friends that will encourage me to become the person that God has for me to be, who will help me and hold me accountable to head that way.  And I want to be that kind of friend back. 

 

“Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.” –Prov. 27:6

 

A “real” friend will be accepting and never call you out and will probably sit stagnant with you for years.  But a good friend will love you as you are, and hold you accountable to become the person you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment