Friday, July 15, 2011

"I am Free"

Like a bird in a cage, I'd stand and I'd sing
a tender melody.
Like a horse tied in chains, I'd cry my prayer:
please let me be free.

And all the while, the door was open.
And all the while, I didn't know it.

I stand on a mountain now.
You stood in the gap.
I stand on a mountain now.
No looking back.

LIke a child in the night, I was afraid
of all I couldn't see.
You held my hand to show me the way;
you gently beckoned me.

And all the while, the door was open.
And all the while, I didn't know it.

I stand on a mountain now.
You stood in the gap.
I stand on a mountain now.
No looking back.

I dance and I sing, what a beautiful thing.
I throw my mane; I'm not afraid to be free.
I dance and I sing; oh, what a beautiful thing.
I throw my mane; I'm not afraid to be free.
I'm not afraid to be free.
Oh I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment