Friday, June 24, 2011

Praise the Lord

I feel like God has had me in intensive training for the past year.  We have had some small matches or races to test the waters, and I've learned from those mistakes and gone back to the drawing board.  Then the challenges started getting harder and closer together.  There were times in there that I thought I wouldn't make it and I had to grit my teeth and push harder.  But now, oh sweet glorious moment, now I am seeing the fruit of that labor.  The challenges while more intense than ever before are coming more naturally to me...I can do this, my legs are strong enough, my lungs are strong enough, and my mind is strong enough to finish this race.  If I fall down, the Lord is still by my side, and He'll pick me up, dust me off, and send me back on my way. 

Praise the Lord, oh my soul, and all that is within me. 
Praise the Lord, oh my soul, and forget not all His benefit.
He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
He lifts my life from the pit.
He crowns me with love and compassion.
Praise the Lord, oh my soul, oh my soul, oh my soul.
(A song I wrote adapted from Psalm 103)

I am clothed in strength and dignity.  My confidence is set securely in Christ.  Praise you God for you are faithful and good and lovely.  You are true to Your promises and faithful to your servant.  Jesus, you are good, so good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment