Thursday, April 7, 2011

We pray for things: healing, a situation to work out, etc...but we really don't know how it's possible.  Then things start to happen, unexpected things, and God asks us to do things that sometimes just don't make sense to our human mind.  It's when we walk with the blindfold on and listen carefully to His voice, and obey His words exactly, that we see the things we asked for come to fruition in more beautiful ways than we ever could have imagined.  Right now I am blindfolded, but the more I obey, the more God reassures me that I am walking down the path to the freedom I have desired, the same freedom Christ died for me to enjoy.  I am often surprised at what God asks of me - it doesn't fit comfortably in the paradigm that I have of "good Christian"...I guess God didn't ask us to be a "good Christian", He asked us to take up our cross and follow Him, to obey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment