Sunday, February 6, 2011

As We Walk, We are Healed

Luke 17:11-14
"On the way to Jerusalem he was passing along between Samaria and Galilee. (12) And as he entered a village, he was met by ten lepers, who stood at a distance (13) and lifted up their voices, saying, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us." (14) When he saw them he said to them, "Go and show yourselves to the priests." And as they went they were cleansed."

The passage goes on to talk about that only one of the ten who were healed came back to thank Jesus, which is usually the focal point of this passage when it is taught. Last week Pastor Joe talked about that they were healed "as they went". I've been meditating on this idea quite a bit. In my own life, specifically this season of about the last seven months, I have experienced this truth. As I have let go of my own ideas of what I think I should be and released myself to close my eyes and just follow God's voice, it is in walking it out that He is healing me. I don't see at the time, but I look back and realize, I overcame that obstacle, and the cycles of trial are become shorter. In the walking it out, not pretending I have arrived, but the really walking it out, nomatter how painful, I am being healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment