Saturday, October 30, 2010

More on Friendship

Pastor Lori has this to say about friendship:

Here are five questions to ask yourself about friendships:

1. Is it hurting my relationship with God?
2. Is it distracting me from my call or purpose?
3. Is it destructive to the work of the Lord?
4. Is it helpful to my marriage or family?
5. Is it going to take away from the network of relationships God has given me?

God designed each of us for a purpose and he gave us friends to encourage us in that purpose. Who are you surrounding yourself with?

Surround yourself with people who are more interested in you becoming what God wants you to be than they are with their personal desires for your time and their plans for your friendship. I want to be the right kind of friend to the relationships God has given me. I want everyone I touch to be challenged to serve God and His House with greater love and passion - to be the World-Changers God designed us to be!

I think this last part is really the pivotal point...in this time people are so transactionally minded that they tend to see others as an asset or investment to be utilized for their purposes. I am looking for friendship where our greatest desire is to see the other person fulfill the plans God has for them. I can say that I am truly blessed to have a few of those friends, and although it is a rarity that we get to spend time together, the richness and rest of this friendships is incomparable.

No comments:

Post a Comment