Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Lord is My Vindicator

After having my name thrown through the mud, and the value of my word tossed into the wind it is easy to try to vindicate myself. Gossip is so tempting. Just a bit of word vomit has instant gratification, but leaves me with a stomach ache later. I have really fought the urge, and a few times had to repent. I have prayed for my enemy, prayed that their heart would be transformed and they be used to further the kingdom. I prayed that God would reveal to me any truth in the character attack made toward me, and he has humbled me.
But today, oh glorious day – today I heard the beginnings of the Lord’s vindication. Today I discovered hard and fast evidence, testimony from lips other than mine, and I in no way caused this. The Lord is my vindicator. The Lord is my vindicator. Oh Father, help me not to destroy your blessing by poisoning it with my mouth. It is so tempting to gossip or make snide remarks, but I will not. The Lord will bring the truth to light!

No comments:

Post a Comment