Saturday, November 7, 2009

Persevering

Sometimes I feel like someone else owns my life. I feel like I am being drug along to do things that I really don't want to do. Most of the time I put on a smiling face, but inside I am a small child kicking and screaming "no, no, I don't want to!" And right now, I feel like God is really calling me to stick with this particular thing, and on almost a daily basis I feel fed up with the behavior of the people around me. I just want to say "forget it!" I don't always understand why, but this passage helped.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your fiath develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks he must not doubt, because he who doubts is...a double minded man". -James 1:2-8

I think God may be asking me to stick it out, and dare to be the one who will cause change. Dare to be real, and to address the issues at hand in a mature manner.

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him" - vs. 12

And I regularly have to ask for wisdom, because I do not know the wisest way to handle this situation. In James 3, he says Godly wisdom is pure, peace loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial, sincere, and humble.Worldly wisdom is bitterly envious, selfishly ambitious, boastful, and causes disorder.

Help me Lord to persevere and not to grow weary of doing your will. Help me not to run dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment