Friday, April 10, 2009

Letting Go

Yesterday and today I sifted through all my "memories" and decided what to keep and what to trash. There is only room for so much stuff, and it is ridiculous to drag around a bunch of junk for sentiment's sake. I can't clog my family like that. After 10 years in our precious home, my parents have decided that it is time for them to move. That wasn't the plan you know; the plan was that this was the dream house, the house we built with our own hands. This was the house they were supposed to live in forever. And both Kati and I had our allotted amount of space to store treasures and projects so that each time when we came home we could go exploring the attic and relive those memories, moments, accomplishments. We were supposed to bring our children back there to explore those memories too - treasure hunting. It was not to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment